PLOT TESTING: VARIETY EVALUATION AND AGRONOMIC TRIALS
REPROS, thanks to its long experience and a well-stocked machinery and equipment for experimentation in agriculture, carries out variety comparison and agronomic trials, in the whole of Northern Italy, on the main extensive crops (corn, soybean, straw cereals, sorghum, sunflower, forage).
With our qualified and professional staff, we take care the trials in every detail, in according to Customer specific programs and needs.
The development of the fields trials starts with the choice of the most suitable location for the crop and the testing program, then it realises in the plots, mini-strips and strips planting, and it is applied to:
- agronomic trials in order to identify the best plant density, crop practices, planting time, fertilization, irrigation, crop protection systems;
- performing variety evaluation trials between new varieties and checks to have information about yield performance and environmental adaptation, to identify the correct commercial positioning.
SELECTION, VARIETY PURITY CONSERVATION, SEED PRODUCTION
We are able to provide our technical support to achieve the purity maintenance of different agricultural species to produce basic seed. We take care of every detail of this program:
- isolation spatial planting or protected cultivation, choosing the soil in the most suitable area;
- agronomic management of the crop;
- cleaning with the elimination of the off-types plant through a careful evaluation of the morphological characters;
- assistance on relationship with the Authority for seed certification (field visits, certification, etc.);
- manual harvesting, or harvest with appropriate equipment, avoiding pollution;
- seed selection in the warehouse, with appropriate equipment suitable for small quantities;
- storage and delivery of the packaged product.
Furthermore, we can offer our support to breeding programs and varietal selection, guaranteeing maximum confidentiality.
VARIETY REGISTRATION IN NATIONAL AND EU LIST
REPROS is a point of reference for foreign Seed Companies that want to register their varieties in Italian and EU List.
REPROS, through its role of representative, for customers which aren’t based in Italy and in Europe, manages relationship with the Officials, offering assistance and expertise, with particular attention to the processing of practices and the resolution of issues related to the varietal registration.
Since 2009, REPROS manages its own network of agronomic and descriptive trials for corn application with only one year of official trials, as required by ministerial decree. Thanks to this service, the customer can count on a reliable trials network and have the agronomic results of the varieties in time to decide the continuation of the registration process.